El Formulario N-600, Solicitud de Certificado de Ciudadanía, es presentado para obtener un Certificado de Ciudadanía que sirve como evidencia de su Ciudadanía Estadounidense o la de su hijo(a). Esta solicitud puede ser presentada por aquellas personas que han nacido fuera de los Estados Unidos, cuyos padres son Ciudadanos Estadounidenses. De esta manera, quien presenta la solicitud tendría el mismo derecho a la Ciudadanía Estadounidense que sus padres. Esta solicitud también aplica para obtener evidencia de su ciudadanía, si usted la adquirió automáticamente por ley, luego de su nacimiento y antes de cumplir los 18 años de edad.

En Tsang & Associates, tenemos una larga trayectoria de éxito ayudando a miles de clientes con la solicitud N-600, e igualmente asistiendo a nuestros clientes a completar el proceso desde el inicio hasta el final. Con gusto le brindaremos toda la ayuda que usted necesita.



Nuestra estructura de precios es única porque nos encargamos de personalizar nuestros servicios para cada cliente individualmente. Nuestros precios son accesibles y varían de acuerdo a cada cliente, dependiendo de sus necesidades particulares. Los clientes podrán hacer uso de todos nuestros servicios o solo de algunos de ellos.

Nuestro precio base por un caso regular de petición N-600 es de $1,250, sin incluir los costos gubernamentales o pagos a terceros. Con gusto le proveeremos de una propuesta individual para su caso durante su consulta. Por favor revise la información adicional.



Step 1: Strategy Session for the N-600 Application

This is the most crucial step for your entire N-600 Application. We will review all of the supporting documents to create a strategy, a customized checklist, and a timeline to serve as the guiding foundation for the entire case preparation.

Step 2: Prepare and Submit the U.S. Citizenship application and file the N-600 with USCIS

Our attorneys will craft your N-600 arguments and complete all forms, organize supporting documents, and assemble the crafted arguments into the proper application formats. After a thorough review, we will then submit the application to USCIS.

Step 3: Biometrics Appointment

You will need to attend a biometrics appointment most commonly known as the fingerprinting appointment. USCIS will conduct a mandatory criminal background check and verify your identity. The process itself does not take long and our office will assist you during this process.

Step 4: Prepare the client for Interview with USCIS

We will help guide you in your preparation for the interview with the USCIS by simulating the interview and ensure you are well versed in the application material. Our services include a comprehensive strategy for answering inquiries posed, practice questions, thorough feedback, and other tools to help clients succeed during the interview. You can attend the interview by yourself or inquire about our attorney appearance service at an additional cost.

Step 5: Responding to Additional USCIS Requests / Administrative Processing / Status Checks / Fraud Alerts

If additional documents/evidence are needed upon the submission of the case or after the interview, our office will ensure that all necessary documents are submitted to the USCIS office in a timely manner. We will assist the client to the best of our ability until the case gets approved or the client no longer wants to continue moving forward with the case.

Step 6: Oath Ceremony Preparation

The Oath of Allegiance ceremony is the mandatory final step of the naturalization process and must be satisfied in order for individuals to become U.S. citizens. Our office is committed to assisting the client through the naturalization process in its entirety. We will walk the client through how the ceremony will proceed to calm any worries or fears.

Step 7: Passport & Others

Once you have taken the Oath of Allegiance, we will offer our passport service. The passport will allow you to travel outside of the country whenever you please. We produce high-quality passport pictures and our team will ensure that the client will receive the passport in a timely manner.



Checklist of Required Evidence

Did you provide the following required documents?

  • Two passport-style photographs of the child
  • The child’s birth certificate or record
  • Evidence of the parent’s U.S. citizenship
  • The U.S. citizen parent’s birth certificate

If applicable, did you provide the following documents?

  • Proof of either parent’s status as U.S. national 
  • Proof of required residence or physical presence in the United States for the U.S. citizen parent
  • The U.S. citizen parent’s marriage certificate 
  • Evidence the U.S. citizen parent terminated any prior marriage(s)
  • Proof of legitimation for children born out of wedlock 
  • Proof of legal custody (only required for applicants whose parents divorced and/or legally separated and for applicants who are adopted) 
  • Proof of physical custody
  • A copy of child’s permanent resident card or other evidence of permanent resident status
  • A copy of the full, final adoption decree 
  • Evidence of re-adoption
  • Evidence of all legal name changes 
  • Explanation and secondary evidence if any requested document is unavailable

Filing Fee

The updated filing fee for the N-6oo can be found here. (This fee applies even if you are filing as an adopted child or as a child of a veteran or member of the U.S. armed forces.) 

You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check.  When filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may also pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Please note that service centers are not able to process credit card payments. 

When you send a payment, you agree to pay for a government service. Filing and biometric service fees are final and non-refundable, regardless of any action we take on your application, petition, or request, or if you withdraw your request. 

Note:  There is no fee if you are a member or veteran of the U.S. armed forces, but you must submit proof of service.

Read our Paying Immigration Fees page for information on how to pay the fee.

Eligibility for N-600

The application for the citizenship certificate can be filed by people claiming citizenship based on citizen parentage while staying in the US but having been born outside of US to US citizen parent(s). A person can file Form N 600 if the following happened before they turned 18 years and before February 27, 2001:

  • The person lives in the physical and legal custody of the citizen parent after being admitted as a permanent resident.
  • The child’s parent(s), or the parent who was awarded legal and physical custody of the child, is a US citizen by naturalization.

If a person is the adopted or biological child of a U.S. citizen but he/she was born outside the US and claims U.S. citizenship certificate legally, he/she will automatically become a U.S. citizen if:

  • At least one of the parent is a citizen of USA
  • The individual is still under 18 years of age
  • The person is residing in the US with their US citizen parent
  • The person is the biological child of the US citizen parent, living in the legally authorized custody of his/her parent till 16 years of age; or
  • The individual is the biological child resulting from a matrimony but not legitimated and his/her mother has become a US citizen through a process of naturalization.
  • The individual is legally admitted as a permanent inhabitant. A child adopted outside the US has to submit IR-3 to get legal entry into the US. If an individual is entering the US to get adopted, then IR-4 has to be submitted.

In case an individual is the biological child of a U.S. parent(s), and was born outside the USA he / she can claim citizenship due to his / her U.S. citizen parentage. The person involuntarily becomes a citizen of USA at birth if:

  • One of the parents is a US national and the other a foreigner, who was present in the US for not less than five years, of which two years were after the parent had crossed 14 years of age and before the individual’s birth
  • Both parents are US citizens and at least one parent resided in the US before the birth of the individual

If an individual is an adopted or biological child aged less than 18 years and meets the requirements for citizenship under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), Form N-600 must be filed by the U.S. citizen parent or legal guardian who has been awarded physical and legal custody of the child.

Persons who should not file Form N-600

      • People with no claim to US citizenship, either by birth or through the action of law.
      • Step-children.
      • Illegitimate children, or children who were not legitimated before their 16th birthday.
      • US citizen parents cannot file this form for children who regularly outside the US.

Children Citizenship Act

As per the Child Citizenship Act, persons who were 18 years or older on February 27, 2001, are not qualified for citizenship. Someone who was over the age of 18 as on February 27, 2001, may be qualified to apply for a citizenship certificate by filling Form N 600 under the law in effect before the enactment of the CCA. Such persons will have to contact the USCIS for more information.




Attorney Brief:  [coming soon] We will provide an attorney brief sample for the N-600 petition.


Cover Letter: [coming soon] We will also provide a cover letter sample for the N-600 petition.


Sample Request for Evidence: [coming soon] Requests for evidence can be used to strengthen the case.


Forms: Here is a list of the forms that are needed by USCIS


Sample Checklist: [coming soon] We look at the client’s unique situation and create customized checklists to strengthen their cases.


USCIS Fee Calculator: This is to help calculate how much the filing fee will be.


USCIS Mailing Address: This address is where it is mailed to USCIS.


USCIS Processing Timetable: This will help you figure out how long it will take to process.


ASC Field Offices: Listed are the addresses of the field offices for the bio-metrics.



What is the processing time for N-600?

  • The processing time for Form N-600 varies. Once the application is received by USCIS, it will be processed and checked. Should the application be deemed incomplete, your eligibility may not be established and your application may be rejected or denied. Therefore, the application must be complete and have all the necessary information requested by the USCIS.

    Once your application has been accepted, USCIS will review it and all of the accompanying documents. USCIS will send you a notification of their decision in writing, which may take several months.

How do I check the status of Form N-600?

Once the USCIS receives an application or petition, they’ll provide you with a 13-character identifier (receipt number). You may input this receipt number on their USCIS Case Status Online page to see which stage your application is in.

If you don’t have a receipt number, you may contact USCIS directly at 1-800-375-5283.

What if we change addresses while our application is pending?

You must notify USCIS of your new address within 10 days of moving from your previous residence. Visit this website to find out where to file your change of address form: www.uscis.gov/addresschange or contact USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. Do not send your change of address form to the Phoenix Lockbox (where you sent the original application) as they do not process address requests. Please be aware that the address change may not be timely processed, so plan accordingly.

Form N-600 requires that I submit proof of US citizenship from the parent(s). What are some examples of this proof?

Birth certificates showing birth in the United States, an N-550, Certificate of Naturalization, N-560, Certificate of Citizenship, FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad of United States Citizen, a valid unexpired U.S passport.

Form N-600 requires that I submit proof of residence or physical presence in the United States. What are some examples of this proof?

This includes any document that proves the U.S citizen parent(s)’ residence or physical presence in the United States. Some examples are: school, employment, military records, deeds, mortgages, leases showing residence, attestations by churches, unions or other organizations, U.S. Social Security quarterly reports, affidavits of third parties having knowledge of the residence and physical presence.

What if a document is unavailable?

If you are unable to procure a particular document, you must provide a written explanation of the reason(s) the required document is unavailable and submit secondary evidence to establish eligibility. Secondary evidence may include baptismal records/certificates, school records, census records or affidavits (if other types of secondary evidence are not available).



Llámenos o envíenos un correo electrónico para agendar su consulta de 1 hora

Fáciles formas de pago del valor la consulta ($250), por teléfono o en línea a través del enlace enviado a su correo electrónico

Si le gustaría tener una conversación rápida con nosotros antes de agendar su consulta, por favor agende una llamada de 10 minutos, utilizando el calendario