A summary dissolution is the quickest, easiest, and cost-effective way to finalize a divorce. At Tsang & Associates, we can obtain a divorce decree within 6 months of filing, and will assist couples in negotiating a fair marital settlement agreement for a one-time flat fee. In addition, our firm may be able to provide a one-hour divorce customer service meeting, to allow both parties to quickly and efficiently separate without hard feelings. Our attorneys will assess your circumstances and assist you in the preparation of all the necessary forms and documents to help you finalize your divorce.
Our fee structure is unique to us as we strive to tailor our services for each client individually. We adapt price standards that are capable of fluctuating for each client. Clients may retain us for one or all of the below steps/services.
We are happy to customize a proposal for you during a consultation. Please see the below information.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
At Tsang & Associates, we treat each client like a well-formed partnership and involve you in every step of the process. When filing a summary dissolution, we work together with you until you are satisfied with our services. By the end of our partnership, our goal is not only to help you find success but also to help you become an expert in your own case.
CASE PROCESSING OVERVIEW
Step 1: Strategy Session for Summary Dissolution
This is the most crucial step for your Summary Dissolution. We will review all of the supporting documents to create a strategy, a customized checklist, and a timeline to serve as the guiding foundation for the entire case preparation.
Step 2: Filling out forms and documents
Step 3: Filing forms with a court clerk
Once all documents are filled out, we will file it for you.
We will provide an attorney prepared filing for a Summary Dissolution along with all forms and supporting documents, including a one-hour divorce customer service meeting.
We provide a start to finish service. Your case is safe with us until the case is complete.
- Married no longer than five years;
- There are no minor children who were born of relationship before or during marriage or adopted by both parties during marriage, and the wife is not pregnant;
- Neither party has an interest in any real property anywhere;
- Community property is not worth more than $40,000;
- Neither party has separate property worth more than $40,000;
- Community obligations are less than $6,000;
- Both parties have no disagreements about how to divide up community property and debts;
- Both parties forever give up any right to spousal support from the other; and so on.
However, some of these requirements can be waived if the couple stipulates to the court that they have resolved some of these key issues.
- Summary Divorces is the fastest way to be divorced;
- No court appearance necessary
- Joint Petition form – https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl800.pdf
- Judgment of Dissolution form – https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl825.pdf
- Income and Expenses form – https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl150.pdf
- Declaration of Disclosure form – https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl140.pdf
- Property Declaration form – https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl160.pdf
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I Get a California Summary Dissolution?
- A summary dissolution is a quick way to get a divorce but there are many requirements that you must pass in order to be able to get a proper summary dissolution.
How Do I Get a Fee Waiver?
- If you are a low-income person, you can ask for a fee waiver if you cannot afford to pay filing fee.
How Long Does a Summary Dissolution Take?
- Once you and your spouse are able to come to an agreement and file all required paperwork, there would be a 6-month waiting period. Once that period has passed, you will be divorced.
SCHEDULE A SESSION
Call or email us to set up your 1-hour consultation. Easily pay the $250 consultation fee over the phone or through our email link. If you would like to have a quick chat with our team before setting up the consultation, feel free to use the calendar on the right to book your 10 minute call.
In addition to summary dissolution, we also specialize in other areas of family counsel. At Tsang & Associates, we treat you like family to ensure your family gets the full legal support needed. Check out our comprehensive services down below.
IT’S LIKE HAVING A LAWYER IN THE FAMILY
- As a family-owned law firm, we pride ourselves on taking care of our clients as if they are family. As your family counsel, we offer you the same support we provide our family, whether it is legal representation or problem-solving.
- A lawyer in the family provides you the comfort to pursue any endeavors and face any challenges when they arise.
HOW IT WORKS
Just like your bank account, you maintain $5,000 fully-refundable deposit in your own private Escrow Account. The money you deposit will go towards your billing services and you are able to take out the money anytime. If a problem arises, we assist and guide you if you have the $1,500 amount in your Escrow account. Also, when you have a family counsel with us, we provide exclusive service and fee deductions on additional legal services you might be interested in.
Situations happen. To protect your family from the negative and long term effects of adversaries, a family counsel can be tremendously beneficial and valuable. From real estate planning to responding to indentity theft, we are here to mitigate and prevent any lasting damages to the welfare of your family.
Planning ahead helps you build a life of stability and success.
If a problem arises, you have a trusted attorney you can rely on.
Leave a legacy for your children and pave the pathway for their success